Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Being Me

I've spent a good many years trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. It was not until recently that I found an answer to this ponderance. It's not "what" but "who". There are many things that I am unsure of in life but of this one thing I am 100% positive. I want to be Carrie Jo when I grow up.

Now this may seem like a silly thing to say, but how many times in your life have you been encouraged to do something because others thought it would be good for you? Or you make a decision because you think that you should be something more than you are? It's a simple situation,"The grass is always greener on the other side." Right?

Being uncomfortable is good! That's how we learn and grow. It's a fantastic thing to put yourself out there and learn who you aren't so you can appreciate who you are. Only when we listen to what is in our hearts can we be truly happy.

As a person of many interests, I often get distracted by shiny objects. I'll admit I am a bit of a dreamer. I enjoy the journey of possibilities that occurs when I consider ideas in my head. In my youth, this could sometimes lead me astray. But I turned out alright. I like to put myself heart and soul into something and ride it as far as it will take me. Luckily, I have a husband who keeps me grounded, and a faith that guides me.

For the second time in my life, I've been given the opportunity to take a step back, and return to my previously traveled path. It's like traveling down a fork in the road and getting lost. Then by some grace, moving over to the other path mid-journey. A blessing in disguise to be sure. It's not an easy thing to do, but if you can manage it, you return to your previous path a stronger person.

This journey I am on has taken me a great many places. Each change brings numerous possibilities and countless dreams. Days pass as lessons learned and memories made. Each step bringing me to understanding who this Carrie Jo really is.


No comments:

Post a Comment